Aboriginal BEST (Business and Entrepreneurship Skills Training) is the only entrepreneurship training program of its kind in Canada! Sponsored in 2014 – 2015 by the BC Ministry of Aboriginal Relations and Reconciliation, Aboriginal BEST:
BEST benefits people in all stages of business development who want to turn their dreams into reality. Some people are looking for a part-time business opportunity, others have a solid idea to research, and some are eager to write a plan that will help them launch or grow their venture.
95 Aboriginal Communities. 2000+ Participants.
Check out where we’ve been, and what we’ve done
Includes 12 sessions of training, with snacks and beverages at each session.
- 101 Business Ideas for Aboriginal Entrepreneurs
- Polishing Your Idea
- Building Your Business Plan
- Market Strategy
- Financing and Tax
- Assessing Your Idea
- Market Research
- Operations Strategy
- Operating Challenges
- Financial Literacy
- Hiring the BEST
- Basic Bookkeeping
- Participant Presentations . Where to go from here?
- Business coaching
- On-going mentoring
- Help to start and grow your business
- Aboriginal and local speakers
- Business Plan competition with prizes
- wrote the highly acclaimed BEST Participant’s Manual,
- introduced the concept of BEST of the BEST, and
- began training local trainers across BC in the innovative Train the Trainer Program. This enables local communities to have a competent entrepreneurship facilitator both during BEST and after the program finishes.
With over 2000 participants in more than 100 communities having taken BEST, you can see some of them in the Success Stories section of this website. Or visit the BEST website at www.aboriginalbest.com