Aboriginal BEST (Business and Entrepreneurship Skills Training) is the only entrepreneurship training program of its kind in Canada!
Sponsored in 2012 – 2013 by the BC Ministry of Aboriginal Relations and Reconciliation, Aboriginal BEST:
Is for Aboriginal, Metis, and Inuit, status or not, who are interested in becoming self-employed or starting their own business. It is for both those who have a solid idea and want to see it happen, and for those who have an interest in business but have no specific idea yet.
Includes 12 sessions of training with snacks and beverages at each session.
NEW! Host a BEST program in your community!
Download the information and application form – click here (PDF, 280KB)
- 101 Business Ideas for Aborigial Entrepreneurs
- Polishing Your Idea
- Building Your Business Plan
- Market Strategy
- Financing and Tax
- Assessing Your Idea
- Market Research
- Operations Strategy
- Operating Challenges
- Finalcial Literacy
- Hiring the BEST
- Bsic Bookkeeping
- Participant Presentations . Where to go from here?
- Business coaching
- On-going mentoring
- Help to start and grow your business
- Aboriginal and local speakers
- Business Plan competition with prizes
1) wrote the highly acclaimed BEST Participant’s Manual,
2) introduced the concept of BEST of the BEST, and
3) began training local trainers across BC in the innovative Train the Trainer Program. This enables local communities to have a competent entrepreneurship facilitator both during BEST and after the program finishes.
With over 1,500 participants in more than 80 communities having taken BEST, you can see some of them in the Success Stories section of this website. Or visit the BEST website at www.aboriginalbest.com